In this article, we're going to take a look at using "tags" and how to make the most out of them.
What exactly are tags? Tags are like little labels to help you manage your business effectively. You can use tags on student accounts as well as classes, and they can help you perform actions as well as monitor your classes in an efficient manner.
Here's some examples of when you might want to to use a tag with a student.
- Promotional events - Perhaps you have recently promoted your business through Social Media, and you want to keep track of how many new students you have registered thanks to this promotion. Simply tag the student with "Social Media Promo", for example, then you will be able to view all students who registered thanks to this promotion.
- Free trial - If you offer a free trial period, this would be an excellent time to use tags with students. Simply tag the student with "Free Trial" and you will be able to manage their free period effectively. This is particularly useful during the invoice period, where you can simply deselect students who are tagged with "Free Trial", and they will not be billed until you are ready.
- Group by location - Some customers like to tag their students according to a specific area where they are from. This can be useful if you are monitoring popular areas, or if you are trying to build up your client base in a specific area.
- Highlighting students - Perhaps you want to monitor certain students for potential inclusion in concerts, exams or any other event.
You can use
When you select a specific tag, you can view every student who has this tag associated with them. From this, you can perform actions, including the "Send message" feature to message all these students.
Each tag is only visible to you, so don't worry about adding tags that only mean something to you. Tags never show up on the recipients of messages nor invoices so you can add as little or as many tags as you like.
Using tags with classes
Once you've cracked adding tags to students, you may want to start using them for classes too. Here's some examples of when you may find tags useful for managing your classes.
- Trial periods - Perhaps you are unsure as to how popular a class is going to be. Simply tag this class with "Trial period" and you will be able to monitor it easily.
- New area - If you have just started in a new area, this would be a good tag to use to monitor how popular this is.
- New teacher - If you have a new teacher who has just joined and you want to give extra support to help them through the first few weeks, this would be an excellent tag to use.
If you haven't used tags before, check out this step-by-step guide. Soon, you'll be tagging everything in sight. So what are you waiting for - let's get tagging!